Delinquent Tax Payment

Property Tax Timeline from Michigan Association of County Treasurers(PDF)

Pay by Mail or In Person

The County Treasurer’s Office accepts payments for delinquent property taxes. You may make payments by mail (do not send cash), put payments in our drop box, come into our office, or pay online.  See instructions below to pay online. Mail Payments to the address below:

Grand Traverse County Treasurer
400 Boardman Avenue, Suite 104
Traverse City, MI 49684
*Please make checks payable to "G.T. County Treasurer".

*Current year and Personal Property taxes must be paid directly to your local city, township, or village.* 

Credit/Debit Card Payment & E-Check Payments

Pay your delinquent property taxes on-line via credit card or E-Check.  You will be directed to the BS&A website, this website will reflect the current amount due on delinquent taxes on your parcel. The system will allow you to make full or partial payments. 

At this time, we are unable to accept payment for P.R.E. (Principle Residence Exemption) Denials online, payments for P.R.E. Denials must be made directly to our office.  Fees apply for credit/debit card and E-Check payments:  

Card Type Fee Minimum Fee
MasterCard - Credit/Debit 3% of amount charged $2.95
Visa - Credit/Debit 3% of amount charged $2.95
Discover 3% of amount charged $2.95
Electronic Check Transfer $1.95 Flat Fee N/A

Payments are linked directly with our software; your payments are immediately reflected on your account.  

Automatic Clearing House(ACH) Payments

The County Treasurer’s Office now processes ACH payments.  If you would like to have a payment directly withdrawn from your account each month until your balance is paid off, please complete the ACH Authorization Form(PDF) and return to our office. 

Balance Inquiries

We accept email requests at for delinquent tax balances.  If you are a third party (not the owner of the property) we do charge a fee of $1.00 per request, per parcel.  We bill for these charges on a monthly basis if your cumulative total for the month is over $5.00.  If it is the first time you are requesting information from our office, please make sure to provide a billing address;  If complete information is not provided your request will not be processed.  Please note: For current year real property tax, special assessments, or personal property tax, please contact the local unit township/city/village directly.