I have a specific parenting time schedule that I need to change, what can I do?
If you need a temporary change in your parenting time schedule, contact your co-parent to discuss making other arrangements. If you need to make a permanent change you can see if you and your co-parent can agree to the change. Write down the agreed changes, and both parents should sign and date the letter. Submit the agreement to the Friend of the Court office. A stipulated order will then be prepared and submitted to the court for approval. An agreement between parties is not enforceable without a court order.

If you and your co-parent are unable to reach an agreement, you may submit a written request to the Friend of the Court for a review of your parenting time provisions. Please indicate how circumstances have changed since your last order, and the reasons for requesting a review.

As a last resort, you can file a motion with the court for a change in the order on your own, or contact an attorney to assist you.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to let my children go for parenting time if it appears that the other parent has been drinking or using drugs?
2. Does the Friend of the Court have a responsibility to investigate alleged abuse and/or neglect of a child?
3. I have a specific parenting time schedule that I need to change, what can I do?
4. At what age can the child choose with which parent he/she will live?
5. What happens if I have an order for custody and the other parent does not return the child to me as stated in the order?
6. I am concerned that my child is being abused or neglected when he or she is with the other parent, what should I do?
7. The custodial parent is temporarily absent or out of town, does the non-custodial parent automatically get care and custody of the child?