Public Notices


The Law Enforcement Center for the Grand Traverse County Sheriff's Office, Traverse City Police Department and Central Records is open to the public.  

Should you NEED TO REPORT A CRIME in progress please call 9-1-1.  If you would like to report a crime that is not in progress, please call 231-922-4550.

If you have questions for Central Records, please call 231-995-5017 Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.  

You can mail gun registrations, FOIA requests or other correspondence to:  Central Records, 851 Woodmere Avenue, Traverse City, MI  49686, or come into the lobby for assistance.  Completed gun registrations may also be dropped, 24/7, in the Law Enforcement Center vestibule drop box.

Grand Traverse County Sheriff's Office FOIA requests can be submitted via email to (instructions found under "How do I...?") or via our online request portal

Traverse City Police Department FOIA requests can be submitted via email to