Where are you located?

We are located at 520 W. Front Street, Suite B, Traverse City, MI 49684. Our office is connected to the Fire Department and directly across the street from Grand Traverse Pie Company.

What are your hours?

The Commission on Aging is open weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, closed from 12 Noon to 1:00 pm for lunch, and closed holidays

How do I qualify for services?

Seniors must be age 60 or older, and be a resident of Grand Traverse County to qualify for services.

What services do you offer?

Snow plowing, mowing, leaf raking, housecleaning, home health care, respite care, foot care, and personal emergency response units, to name a few.  We can also provide you with information on who to contact for services that we do not provide.  See our Services page for detailed information on the all the services we offer.

How do I sign up for services? 

See our Services page for an application and more information.

How much do services cost? 

Clients may be charged a fee based on their income.  See our Services page and the individual service you are interested in to find out the cost.  

Do you have durable medical equipment?

No we do not, we carry medically necessary safety equipment for the bathroom.  Please contact us for more information.

Do you provide Meals on Wheels?

The Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency operates the Meals on Wheels program for Grand Traverse County residents. Please visit www.nmcaa.net or call (231) 947-3780.

Can you answer my questions about Medicare and/or Medicaid?

The Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Michigan has trained counselors that can answer your insurance questions. Please visit www.aaanm.org or call (231) 947-8920.

Who do I contact if I don't live in Grand Traverse County?

Each county in the State of Michigan has a Commission on Aging, an Area Agency on Aging, a Senior Services department, or a Council on Aging that provide services for seniors.  For your convenience, we have provided a link to the counties which are closest to Grand Traverse County.    Antrim County, Benzie County, Charlevoix County, Crawford County, Kalkaska County, Leelanau County, Otsego County and Wexford County.  We also keep a list of every senior services agency in the state, please feel free to contact us if the county you are looking for is not listed.